Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Altitude Sickness

I've officially gained experience in one not-so-fantastic aspect of this state. Namely, altitude sickness. In the past 3 days I've seen some beautiful territory; Estes park, Steamboat, Rocky Mountain National Park, and honestly - the drives up and down and between all 3 are fantastic as well. Unfortunately, between going up and down and changing between 1 and 2 miles above sea level in a matter of hours every day....my poor head feels like it's permanently locked in a vice grip that even double doses of Advil can't seem to phase.

So far, that's the only negative thing I have to say about this place (except, possibly, my complaints about the cost of living) But overall, I'm incredibly happy. My Dad blames the wind in Wyoming (his home state) on the fact that Colorado sucks so much....but I find that pure and simple bias. ;)

No comments: