Sunday, September 7, 2008

Are You Important Right Now?

This is the way my sister answered the phone when I called yesterday - to determine if there was an actual purpose for the time that I was about to take up, or if I was going to verbalize half-developed thoughts and waste her time. If you're wondering whether or not I'm important right now, the answer is not really. I suppose the majority of my postings are that way....but just as a disclaimer, the following will be a random accumulation of stuff. Mostly because I'm just in a chill mood and have been asked for updates on life, so here we go!

Work: Great. Kinda slow with the whole training thing - standing around and watching people to get the feel for the overall flow of the lab. I won't get my own desk for a couple of months, but things should pick up soon.

Weekend: Fantastic. Went to Wyoming, saw the 'rents, partied with my cousins, attended the UW/Air Force game, visited Penney and the boys, came home and spent entirely too much money on a ski pass and related equipment (which I'm psyched about!)

Apartment: Progressing. I still have a few small improvement projects I'm working on and some organization that needs to get done, but overall it's great. Pictures to come, likely via facebook. (I know I keep saying that but I really mean it!) Internet and cable will FINALLY be hooked up this coming Saturday, so I'll be able to quit haunting the Starbucks every third day.

Generally, things are going really well. I'm happy here! I'm slowly meeting some people and that's definitely helpful as far as feeling at home is concerned. Elizabeth and Chad already have a trip out here planned - and my brother may be headed up for the SPE conference which would be awesome.

Hopefully that's enough of an update. I've got a chicken brining at home that I should probably go dry before it becomes completely preserved. Oh, and I have my first experience with RTD (the bus system) slated for tomorrow morning, so wish me luck. Hopefully it's a successful venture and I can rely on that to get back and forth between work...mostly because I refuse to pay close to 300 a year and park a quarter of a mile away from the building. It should save on gas too so that's a perk! I'm off to salvage the chicken. Buenos Noches!

No comments: