Monday, October 12, 2009

Things that make life worth living

Okay so maybe this isn't a real true substantial blog post, but I don't know what to say. Literally. As a diversion, I've decided to compile some of the little things that have made me happy lately.

-Mom's clam chowder
-Red Raider football!
-The boots Dad bought me to keep my feet warm because I'm too stupid to pack something other than flip flops
-Live music I can sing/dance like an idiot to
-My friends. Especially the ones who sing/dance like an idiot with me. And especially the ones that let me crash at their place with little more than 24 hrs notice!
-My family....immediate and extended. They're way fun.
-Rice krispy treats. (Not the pre-packaged kind.)
-Potatoes. Don't laugh. I'm totally serious. Anything potato and I'm a happy kid.
-Taking the football pot. FINALLY!
-Clean sheets
-Slowly purging my closet of clothes I'm unlikely to wear, yet hang on to for YEARS on end.
-Long socks
-The Notebook. Totally girly cliche but that movie is always good!
-Finally owning Charlie Brown and The Great Pumpkin. Now I need the Christmas special.
-Candles
-My snooze button

Holy bejesus why is the air conditioner on when it's like a two degrees and wet outside!? My happy thought train has just skipped track and is now a massive pile of really cold wreckage. Time to adjust the thermostat and burrow.

G'night, friends.

No comments: