Monday, January 14, 2008

Update!

School:
It's my final full semester in Lubbock - but unfortunately I'll be spending the majority of it in the Library (the one with the books...not the one with the liquor) or the lab
Research is trucking along - I spend about 4 hours every day with the mice. They're super cute, but it's getting old pretty quick - same thing eeeeeeeevery day. Ugh.
Classes are okay so far but will be picking up quickly. I have to research, write, and work a 20-25 page paper into shape to submit for publication by Feb. 15th soooooooo I've been doing a lot of reading to get enough background to get started.
Lab - starts Wednesday, so I'm not really sure how that will be quite yet!

Family:
Doing well for the most part!! Cam's starting her 2nd semester of nursing school an loving it -- Sean will be having knee surgery in a couple of weeks. He tore his ACL and a couple meniscuses, so there ya go. He's not really excited, but you gotta do what you gotta do. He's also had a bad case of iritis lately, so he's going early in the morning to get a steroid shot in his eye, which is no fun. I've only had it once, but it hurts like a bitch!!
Mom and Dad just helped me through the process of buying a new car!! I'm pretty excited about it -- I now drive a copper/metallic orangeish eclipse with a cute lil' sunroof. I'm going to miss driving my truck. It's been good to me, but I'm def. going to enjoy the lower gas bills! I already noticed a difference today when it would have been way convenient to plow over a little curb.....but the sportscar wouldn't exactly handle that well!!

Lastly, I spent the past weekend in Vegas. In the interest of brevity I won't go into detail beyond admitting that I did Vegas right ;) It was a great time and it was fantastic to see that group of girls together again! I have to survive 3 1/2 more days and then I'll be headed up to Durango CO to go skiing!! I'm pretty stoked.

Anyhow, that's a brief update on my life. I'll be back to my regular brief, pointless blogging soon :)

No comments: