Sunday, June 22, 2008

Big Gulp huh? Welp, see ya later!

I've decided to compile some of my favorite movie lines. Why? Because I have a paper to write, of course. Don't ask stupid questions.

Almost Famous

"I didn't invent the rainy day, man. I just own the best umbrella."

"If you think that Mick Jagger will still be doing the whole rock star thing at age fifty...well, you are sorely, sorely mistaken."

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."

Dumb & Dumber

"Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."

"So you're telling me there's a chance..."

Grosse Pointe Blank

"Why are you so interested in me going to my high school reunion?
-I just find it amusing that you came from somewhere."

"If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's, well, broken."

High Fidelity

"Should I bolt every time I get that feeling in my gut when I meet someone new? Well, I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and frankly speaking, I've come to the conclusion that my guts have shit for brains."

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"

Little Miss Sunshine

"No! I'm madly in love with you and it's not because of your brains or your personality."

"Oh my God, I'm getting pulled over. Everyone, just... pretend to be normal!"

"I'm glad you're talking again, Dwayne. You're not nearly as stupid as you look."

Love Story

Oliver - Well what makes you so smart?
Jennifer - I wouldn't go out for coffee with you that's what.
Oliver - What if I wasn't even gonna ask you to go out for coffee with me?
Jennifer - Well then that's what makes you stupid.

Office Space

"I cannot believe what a bunch of losers we are. We're looking up 'money laundering' in the dictionary."

"No, you're working at Initech because that question is bullshit to begin with. If everyone listened to her, there'd be no janitors, because no one would clean up shit if they had a million dollars."

Sweet Home Alabama

"What is it with you southern girls? You can't make the right decision until you've tried all the wrong ones."

"You can't ride two horses with one ass, sugarbean."

"I never fully understood that expression, but no, I am not 'shitting' you."

Tombstone

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."

"Are you gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?"

"It seems poker's just not your game, Ike. I know, let's have a spelling contest!"

And of course -- "I'm your huckleberry"

Top Gun

"The Defense Department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid."

"I was improving international relations. You know, communicating?"

"The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room."

"Slider - Whose butt did you kiss to get in here?
Goose - The list is long, but distinguished.
Slider - Yeah, well, so's my Johnson."


I decided to spare you the animated movie favorites, of which there are several. In closing, I'd like to reference the entire Wedding Crashers script for obvious reasons.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Post Scriptum...

After some thought and conversation, I'd also like to reference The Three Amigos. It's older and not quite as well known as some of the others, but one of my faves nonetheless.