Wednesday, June 18, 2008

People Sacks (aka 'baby bumps')

I realized today that I'm beginning to move into a whole new phase of life. You always hear about the marriage phenomenon. You know the one. Everyone you've ever met in the 4-5 years following your high school graduation decides to get married within a 12-24 month period.

Marriage Phase - Check

(I'm through the thick of it anyhow, there are still two or three big ones to go)

It's fairly intuitive that the baby phase should follow. While I knew this, something in me didn't realize the transition was imminent. I suppose it's mostly my subconscious wanting to maintain the common ground I have left with my married friends...but alas, they are slowly beginning to fall victim to the baby craze.

The marriage phase made me the queen of bachelorette parties. While this is still a useful skill, I now find myself in the process of adding baby showers to my repertoire.

This week I have learned how to properly construct a diaper cake, brainstormed creative invitation ideas, and got a feel for what types of snacks/activities might be appropriate. My friends will be adorable pregnant and I'm certain that their babies will be precious, it's just another way life is changing this summer! I get to be the crazy friend who brings toys and feeds them sugar at inappropriate times. I must admit, I'm pretty stoked about that part of the job. (:

No comments: