Sunday, August 31, 2008

Colorado So Far

So my first day here wasn't stellar. I flew up from Amarillo, and carried on a music box my Poppy had carved for me. It was incredibly delicate and I wanted to avoid breakage. The poor thing survived the ENTIRE flight and airport fiasco only to be crushed by hapless placement of a purse in my car. Tear.

I tried to wash my poor filthy car (it had been sitting in a driveway for a month and a half) and the car wash took payment but didn't work. Then some korean dude couldn't understand enough english to understand why I wanted a refund. It took 30 minutes to get my $6.00 back.

THEN I made a wrong turn trying to find the interstate, and the most stupendous thing happened. I got pulled over going 10 above the speed limit. I was accelerating to the speed sign posted 15 yards ahead, and explained that A) I was lost and B) I was new here and not entirely certain what the speed limit was anyway. His exact words were 'Welcome to Colorado - this isn't the best part of my job...'

Jerk.

I woke up the 2nd day here to a sore throat and have been progressing to development of a very healthy cold ever since.

*sigh*

On the upside, I'm loving my apartment and my family here is amazing! :) Despite all the unfortunate occurances to date, I'm having a good time and can't wait to start work on Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm sorry your having such a rough start. I really hope the cold your getting is not from me & Mom. Make sure you rest a whole lot!