Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm A Horrible Person...But I'm Willing To Admit It

I just had a moment that I bet some of you might secretly appreciate. While leaving happy birthday wishes on a friend's facebook profile, a name caught my eye and I had one of those OHMYGOD I completely forgot that person ever existed moments. In the same instant I remembered how horrible that individual was to me in the 3rd grade, and was pleased to discover that they've turned out looking like a severe undiagnosed case of hyperthyroidism. (This based completely on the eyes. To my great disappointment there was no evidence of goiter involvement)

I came to the realization that yes, sometimes I am a horrible person. Part of me wanted to see her profile and secretly hoped she majored in contemporary dance at the local junior college...her biggest accomplishment being a performance at the basketball game halftime against the Nowheresville Bearcats. I would hold my breath for awesomely hideous pictures of extra small spandex, teased up hair and hideous glitter eyeshadow...and feel totally and completely vindicated for the public ridicule of my hand-sewn buttonup jumper (thanks, Granny) that sad day on the playground some 16 years ago.

Who gets excited at petty stuff like that? Well my friends (McCain has infiltrated my blogging) that would be me. Kinda sad when you think about it, but my third grade self would have been pretty damned satisfied to see that picture!

In all honesty, she doesn't look that bad, and deep down inside somewhere I'd grudgingly admit that I really do hope she's doing well. I mean when it comes down to it I really only have so much bad juju to wish upon people who have done me wrong, and she wasn't quite horrible enough to make that cut. ;)

3 comments:

The McDons said...

Hmmm...were you at Greenwood in 3rd grade? I don't think you're a horrible person, kids are mean and you never forget that! :)

KourJalopy said...

I can remember being in the third grade and being made fun of when a mysterious lump showed up on my shin. No one knew what had happened but I was made fun of anyayway!!!!

Stacie said...

haha - this was before my GISD days!