Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Rodent Homicide

If any of you are members of PETA, you can go ahead and put me on your hit list.

This Friday we're euthanizing the 90-ish mice we've been experimenting with. My sister asked today if I was going to be sad, and was shocked to learn that my feelings on the matter are quite the opposite. Not only am I not sad, I'm kind-of looking forward to it.

Hear me out before you crown me the Ice Queen! These mice have been nothing but trouble from the get-go. They're not even my project, yet they've monopolized all my time and energy in the lab. I haven't worked on my project since November, and deadlines are fast approaching. Hopefully you're able to see why I'm a bit apprehensive! The actual death/dissection process doesn't necessarily appeal to me, but I'm definitely eager to be done with them and back to work on my own stuff. Friday is going to be a long, bloody day.

No comments: