Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sunny Spots

Yesterday was a pretty rough day, but a couple people brightened my mood and I thought it was worth posting. I found out that the research project I've been spending 3 days a week working on for the past 2 1/2 months is basically ruined because the Animal Care and Use facility doesn't know what the hell they're doing and screwed up the mice. It's incredibly frustrating.

In any case, I was talking to my little sister today and the conversation went a little something like this:

--Well I know you had a bad day, so I wanted to send you flowers....except I'm poor. And we sat around the floor thinking of things to put on the card, but everything we thought of had the F word in it, and we didn't think the flower company would appreciate that. We wanted to put 'Three blind mice. Sorry the lab F'd you over. Love you lots'

Secondly, I found out that a friend of mine passed my phone number along to another one of his buddies who's going to school here in Lubbock. When I expressed concern about him handing out my phone number, he simply responded 'Well I don't think he's the type to stalk you down and kill you. *pause* But if he does, I guess I was wrong'. Hah - that instills confidence, huh?

So my day's going a little bit better today, but I have some serious work to do so I'm off. Happy Mardi Gras!!

No comments: